ACTiVATE is 10-12 months of intense and applied development. The program is broken into 2 phases as shown below with a presentation required at the end of each. Actually, there’s a lot of presenting along the way so by the end, participants are really comfortable talking about themselves AND their business.
Phase 1: Feasibility Assessment
- Finding and refining your business idea
- Licensing R&D from universities and research institutions
- Researching, segmenting and profiling your market
- Working with advisors and basics of partnering
- Verifying you can make money considering business models, market opportunity and revenue projections
Phase 2: Business Planning
- Planning for success
- Marketing and distributing your products and services
- Developing products and services
- Modeling and forecasting financials
- Funding options and strategies
- Building an advisory board
- Pitching investors
Taught by successful entrepreneurs, the
ACTiVATE experience and support also reaches into the
community by engaging other
entrepreneurs, service providers, investors and
mentors (female AND male) as speakers,
panelists, role models, and
Our women-tested methods and techniques create a safe yet aggressive environment that pushes women past their ideas (and their comfort zone) to reach a clear understanding of the potential for their selected endeavor and an appreciation of what is required to make it happen.
And the support goes on...
Continued support is critical to ensure the initial momentum gained in the year-long program is not lost. Post graduation, the women join a network of alumnae which provides continuing support wherever they are in the entrepreneurial process.
- Current Locations
- Success stories and results
- Commitment required
- Typical participant profile
- Program history
Ready to get
Whether you're interested in starting a program in your area or looking to join a program, contact the Path Forward Center via phone at 301.916.5126 or via e-mail Activate@PathForwardCenter.org to find out how.